The “Business Ready Program” is a project-oriented training for final year students / early-in-career professionals to learn how the business work, and help them acquire essential mindset to achieve a successful career as Entrepreneurs and Business Leaders.
We want to inspire next generation of entrepreneurs and business leaders who will create jobs, build local economies and create a more equitable society.
Learning Objectives and Program Outcome
The objective of the program is to use an project-based approach and problem-based learning to help students understand problems, collaborate in teams to find solutions, build business acumen, and ultimately be successful in professional careers. The skills they will learn are as follows (in no particular order):
- Teamwork, collaboration, equity, diversity and inclusion
- Design thinking, system thinking and problem solving
- Dependability, business relationships, work ethics, conflict of interests
- Taking ownership and being champion of an initiative
- Understanding basics of marketing, market research methods, sales
- Basics of project management
- Building a personal brand, influence without authority
- Legal and business structures
- Basic financial concepts, terminology, financial reports
- Building business case
- Value chain and value proposition, what value addition means for engineering projects?
- Presentation and communications skills
Benefits for the Participants
- Achieve a Certificate of participation in the program, build resume
- Exposure to real-world problems and build people network
- Gain soft skills for launching a successful career
- Connect with employers and/or investors
Register for the upcoming session
The next BRP cohort is starting on August 7, 2021. The program is as follows:
- August 7-8, 2021: Two days of intensive course (online)
- August 9-27, 2021: All participants work with their groups to select a problem/project, create a viable solution, build a business case, elevator pitch, financial & marketing plans, and a presentation pitch.
- August 28, 2021: Final group presentation of the project.
If you want to participate in the program, you should
- Record a video of your introduction and how this program will benefit you and/or get a recommendation video from your University/teacher. Send a link to this video to email address: BRP AT SISARGO.org
- Register using this page
After we receive your application, you will be informed if you are inducted into the August 2021 cohort. The space is limited and your videos mentioned above will play a key role in selection criteria.
This program is completely free for participants.
Learning about real life problems
“Without a doubt, I am definitely able to use the learnings of this programs in real life societal problem solving. How to work with others like a better team player.”
Practical life lessons and improvement in confidence level
“This program will help us in our practical life. Increase our confident level and help us to coordinate with diverse people.”
Want to build my own business
“In future, i want to build my own business so the things that I’ve learnt from this program would really help me alot.”
BRP Sponsors, Partners and Supporters
Following organizations and groups are supporting and sponsoring this program. We are looking for more partner organizations.
How can you help as partner, sponsor, or supporter?
The objective of this program is to foster entrepreneurship and corporate leadership. It is completely free for participants and is run by unpaid volunteers. You can help this program in many ways:
- Financial Support – Sponsor expenses of running this program that include marketing and management expenses.
- Recruit BRP Graduates – If you are a business, interview graduates of this program for job openings. We strongly believe that participants of the program understand the business and will be much more productive than any other candidate.
- Be a Mentor or advisor and work with the participants to help in their projects.
- Guest Speaker – Be a guest speaker in one of our programs to share your life lessons and advice with BRP participants.
For further information about your kind sponsorships, please check BRP sponsorship page.